Wednesday 4 January 2012

Challenge 2012

Hello Readers,


I am pretty good in regularly updating my travel blog. Unfortunately, this is not so true for my professional one. But thinking about it, I am lacking a concept of what to do with the Naked Consultant blog. Initially, I wanted to use it to write down all my projects I worked on in the past, which I did, more or less well, and when that was over, I thought I could talk about my current projects and assignments. I was quickly faced with a dilemma - confidentiality versus regular communication. So I left it, confidentiality won, and I put the blog to rest for the unforeseen future. 


Things have changed now. My 2 year assignment with my client in Derbyshire is coming rapidly to an end and the question of what to do with my blog is emerging again. 


The last 2 years were good ones - not only because the projects I managed were successful (one day soon I will elaborate further of what we did there), but also because I learned a lot about my strengths and weaknesses and where I should focus on in my career as freelancing management consultant. 


And that's already the crux - do I see myself as "management consultant"? I guess yes, as consulting is what I do and have always done, but the term alone is so widespread and general that in the end it does not help when building a career outside one of the bigger or smaller consulting companies on this planet. 


Based on what I am good at and what I have enjoyed the most over the years I want to see myself as "Corporate Coach". But more on that and the concept in my next blog entry... 



No comments:

Post a Comment