Tuesday 5 May 2009

Mazda - UK!

After that year with Otto Bock, I finally got a project in the UK. My first proper job there since I started my career and moved to London. We are in the year 2002 now.

I was on a project in Tunbridge Wells, with a Mazda spinn-off. The project had 3 parts: car sales, organisational realignment and warehousing. My part was the organisation and the warehouses.

The client was a difficult one. The chairman was from Japan, there was an English CEO, and several English board members. There were constant frictions between chairman and CEO. I can talk that openly as this company does no longer exist.

The chairman was rather "tough" when it came to organisation, the CEO was more "soft" but also unreliable and sometimes with outbursts of verbal violence. A tough cookie!

The board of directors was also extremely difficult to deal with, especially my warehouse director.

No comments:

Post a Comment