Friday 8 May 2009

Mazda - Warehouse Management (1)

This is Dominic. He helped me loads in the project and was probably one of my best ever task forces. He was working as warehouse manager somewhere in the Midlands. The company gave already up on him, so they handed him over to me. He was extremely keen on getting trained up, he is intelligent, and after a while he knew "where to dig". He actually became a good consultant, as I trained him up like a junior consultant. After the project he was overqualified for his work. I think one day he wrote to me telling me he got promoted. That was good news.

Anyway, what we did with the warehouse section, we thorougly analysed them all. I think they had 5 throughout the country. They were all lacking the same: standards for each activity, good management, daily follow-up on the operation, no planning, no measurement of results... Basically, they had nothing and we had to start from scratch.

No comments:

Post a Comment