Sunday 16 August 2009

The Bill - Week 2

In week 2 we, the trainees, certainly became a team. This was particularly clear after 2 days of Officer Safety Training where we had to "get physical" and beat each other up, well, pretend to at least, so that we could learn how to defend ourselves. Admittedly, these 2 days were one of my best I have ever had. I was on a 2 day high, and my body must have released adrenalin like there was no tomorrow. Self-defence should be taught at schools I think, especially in London and other metropoles like this one. Our trainers are absolutely spot-on.

For the rest of the week we got our uniforms and learned several legal bits such as theft, offensive weapons, etc. We also had 2 exams - one in handcuffing techniques and the other one was an academic one and comprised all subjects taught so far. I managed to achieve 88% which is quite nice.

So, all in all, I still think joining the MET was the right thing to do. The training is absolutely fantastic, the curriculum enables us to learn all important matters in an extremely structured manner, and in fact, it is very funny and relaxed. Well done Training Department! Looking forward to week 3 now.

No comments:

Post a Comment