Sunday 2 August 2009

My Director

The other day I got a phone call from a colleague of mine from Proudfoot, it was Thomas, and he was my director on the Otto Bock project. We worked together on various other projects, too. It was the first time we chatted since 2005 I guess, which was really nice. There was no specific reason for the call, just a chat and touch base again. Thomas read this blog and whilst doing so, he recognised that I disgracefully left him completely out in the Otto Bock story! Shame on me!

Let me do that now and pay hommage to a team member (and no, he is not dead yet) who had an extremely vital role in the project. I especially need to thank him for all the client handling advice he gave me. As a young project manager, who is still green behind his ears, client handling (and I mean the top clients) is extremely vital.

In the worst of times when the savings had to be cashed in and defined he spent an extremely huge amount of time on the project and took a leading role. And I am very happy he did!

Anyway, I thought I still had to mention that.

No comments:

Post a Comment