Saturday 1 August 2009

A Sandwich nearly eaten...

Yesterday, 31st July, I finished the manuscript of my book. This so far final version has 49,000 words. I quite did not manage the last 1000 words to round things up, but am sure they will come at the next revision. I sent it out to a few friends who offered to edit it and check how good or bad it actually is. I am extremely grateful to all of them. I am in utter need of them as at the end of the day I wrote the book in English which is actually not really my mother tongue.

So, what is the next step? To be honest, I have absolutely no idea. On Twitter I am chatting to a few people who tell me different things - the one says I don't need an agent, the other one insists on agents. And publishing is absolute new to me. I read a book called "How to publish and make money from it" and she suggested to also go via an agent. I think I'll end up doing this, as agents are probably better in marketing the thing afterwards anyway.

Okay, that's an update so far. In the next month or so I will probably get the first reviews back, I will have to get in touch somehow with agents, professional editors, publishers and just take it from there.

I'll keep the world updated on the progress!

No comments:

Post a Comment