Thursday 30 April 2009

Otto Bock - Dirty Laundry - 3

Also in December I was accused of sexual harrassment. This coincided with the mobbing issue. Only this time the gossip started on board level as one board director of my company wanted to prove that consultants got sexually harrassed on projects. There is more to it, but I shall keep that non-public.

Well, "my victim" was as shocked as I was when we heard about that. It was a big thing. I cannot even tell anyone how devastated I was in those days. We had an idea - it was Christmas and we had a picture taken of the whole team; we created a special Otto Bock Team Christmas Card which we then sent around to "Proudfoot Worldwide", which means, thousands of recipients within the company got our Christmas wishes showing all of us happily next to each other.

That was such a relief when we sent that card out. And of course, that whole sexual harrassment thing was off the table.
I am wondering if I should delete this story, but then these things happen too and talking openly about it won't hurt.

No comments:

Post a Comment