Friday 24 April 2009

Otto Bock - My Role as PM


If you followed my blog so far, you know that I have only managed a project so far, and that was the Delicatessen producer Beeck, that sales enhancement project which lasted for 12 weeks and comprised of 24 manweeks. Basically, that was nothing compared to Otto Bock. The latter had about 250 manweeks and lasted for about a year.
The savings potential there was huge. I think I have already written about that.

So, there I was, this brandnew PM who had to manage the biggest project at that time. And the reason why it was me, I was the only native German speaker available.

In the aftermath, and even though I am glad I did it, but from a client point of view, this is a but unfair. Such a huge and important has deserved a more experienced PM.

One thing is for sure, in this project I learned to swim!!!

3 comments:

  1. Ja, das ist ja super!!! Mein Gott! Es ist so, als wäre das alles gestern gewesen... Roland, ich merke, ich vermisse Dich! :o)
    Danke für den Link (habe erst heute bei Xing vorbei geschaut...)
    Ein Bussi,
    Tilia
    PS: "And no, one won't see me naked." - leere Versprechungen... :o( ;oD

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tilia, ich hoffe, dir gefällt's! Ich finde es interessant, dass es mir ziemlich schwer fällt, mich an Einzelheiten zu erinnern. Naja, ist doch schon 8 Jahre her.

    Die Bilder von dir sind richtig gut, gell? ;-)

    Ich werde im Herbst in Budapest ein Project haben und normalerweise fliege ich mit Austrian dorthin. Vielleicht sollte ich mal in Wien bleiben?

    Alles Liebe,

    Rxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Vielleicht sollte ich mal in Wien bleiben?"
    Das solltest Du auf jedenfall tun!
    Wir haben hier ein sonniges, ruhiges Gästezimmer ;o)
    Freue mich!

    ReplyDelete