Sunday 26 April 2009

Otto Bock - My Role as PM cont'd

Things which don't kill you, only make you stronger!
This saying is so applicable when it comes to that project. I cannot even tell how much I learned - technically, personally, managerially and from a project management point of view.

Let's start with project management. Every week we had 2 TWNW Meetings, one with local directors and one with the 3 Cs (CFO, COO, CRO), who were our "top clients". In the local TWNW I let every area present something from the last few weeks. So, one week it was production, then sales, etc... It was the first time in company history that communication across interfaces was encouraged. I think those meetings were a big successs.

Then, internally with my consultants, I had "daily" reviews, which happened twice a week, and continuous one-to-ones with everyone. This sometimes also included the task forces.

The most important thing one has to do as PM is to communicate, even though it is pretty tough to do so and one needs to be disciplined.

My communication matrix had the following links: my company's headquarter in London, the office in Frankfurt, my director (who came about once or twice a week), my top clients, the directors, the worker's council, my consultants, the task forces, and of course every other one who wanted to talk to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment