Thursday 12 March 2009

Automotive Supplier (1)

The next analysis was in a little town in west Germany, about 75 mins away from Düsseldorf airport and I think in the middle of the "Bergisches Land". The town, the factory, the hotel, to name it with one word, it was a dump, a major dump. And the company was a mess, a super major mess.

This was the worst of the 3 business reviews we took part in. I think within that 1st week I probably got about 10 hours of sleep all together. There were not enough consultants on the job, hence the few of us had to do it all.

So yes, the analysis took 2 weeks, and it was converted into a project. I was one of the consultants and responsible for production and logistics. Needless to say, I did not really have any experience in production at all, neither did I in logistics. And all I learned a few years in my ice-cream project was sort of forgotten by then.

I think we have reached the year 2000 now and the project lasted from February/March till late summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment