Friday 20 March 2009

Salmon, Shrimps and Krautsalad (1)


After the Christmas holidays 2000/2001 I got a phone call that there was a project for me which I would have to manage. The project was a little extension of an existing one. The latter was a manufacturing project in Osnabrück and mine would be an extension towards their sales department and that was in Hamburg, also in Germany.

The client produced delicatessen salads and sold them mainly to department stores and gourmet palaces. Their sales force needed “selling techniques” and a common approach to sell salad. I was excited. But as said, it was a very small project, only 24 manweeks, which means 2 people for 12 weeks. The project started mid January till mid April.

I must admit I have forgotten the savings commitment we had with the client. Bearing in mind that the project cost around 300,000 euros, I would expect the savings to be around 900,000 but I don’t know anymore.

No comments:

Post a Comment