Tuesday 31 March 2009

Otto Bock - The Analysis (1)

As usual, before a project starts we were tasked to do an analysis. They told me I was the designated project manager as I was the only one available who was a German native speaker. The project was supposed to be massive. I remember I was thrilled, scared, and excited at the same time.

The analysis was hell on earth. All of the consultants and I just hated it. Every day we slaved away for about 20 hours - DILOs, Brown Papers, interviews, and further studies, studies, studies... It was all not very well organised and we were never asked for our opinion and just had to deliver studies to feed the analyst.

Good news was, it was a strong team building exercise for us consultants. We stuck together and endured. The consultants told me I'd be a good PM running the show and they hoped I'd get it. At that time I was not overly sure if I wanted it anymore....

No comments:

Post a Comment