Tuesday 17 March 2009

IMR

IMR, the company I worked for, was a pretty small niche consultancy based in France with a few main markets for which they had regional offices and consultants. There was obviously the Parisian Headquarters, but there were also offices in Manchester, Frankfurt and Madrid.

The company belonged to 2 owners in the US, but the US part of the business was very small and neglectable. There were 4 German project managers working for them, lots of French ones (as this was the core market), and a handful of Brits, plus some Spaniards.

It was then that I decided to step up as project manager and ask the European Head of Operations what his thoughts on my ideas were. I did not have to sell myself a lot, he only replied "Yes, of course. The next available project will be yours..."

I did not have to wait for a long time.

No comments:

Post a Comment