Tuesday 10 March 2009

missing details

So far, I have not really talked about project contents and disclosed details of findings in those business reviews. It is simply too long ago that I can remember any of them.

But this is also indicative that as someone in his early years as consultant does not actually "quite get it". First of all, consultants are focused on their own area and hardly ever on the project/analysis as a whole, second, one does not have an understanding of the other areas anyway and does not listen when it is being reported, and third, many project managers and analysts simply don't give any feedback or information.

I think people only go as far as their responsibility reaches. And since this is normally a lot one hardly looks over one's plate anymore.

But hey, a few more projects to come and I will have got promoted to Project Manager... and then I do know the details indeed...

No comments:

Post a Comment