Monday 9 February 2009

Austrian Logistics

My other project in Austria was a multilocation one based in Vienna with subsidiaries also in Linz and Innsbruck. The project focus was logistics as it was a freight company that needed sorting out their internal efficiencies.

For this project I developed the training approach and also gave the actual training and coaching.

Meetings with the top-client in Vienna were not always easy as he used to scream and swear his lungs out. Some of his staff was scared, some did not care anymore as they knew they'd get screamed at anyway.

I don't remember too well what happened in those early projects, but I have the slight feeling that they ran out of money and it could not be finished. But that was after the training.

From the Innsbruck site I got a reference. I translated a bit of it and pasted it onto my website. In case anybody is interested.

I remember that training there was fun. At least more fun than in the other Austrian project. Did people finally change their behaviour? I am not so sure about the Viennese managers, as they did not seem to get get out of their firefighting mode, but the Innsbruck site was a very successful installation indeed.

Again, I was a junior consultant then; today I would approach these difficult situations of either Austrian project differently.

No comments:

Post a Comment