Friday 6 February 2009

Training, Training, Training


After I survived that training camp and returned to Europe I also switched from the operations to the training department and kept on doing training till I quit my job with that company 2 1/2 years later. For myself but also within the company guidelines I established a couple of rules. Below a few:

- Training can only be to accompany the implementation of changes and management tools by the operations consultants (remember, I was one when I did that purchasing department),
- Apart from team building events, I like training to be on site and not in some fancy location. Training is all about applying new management tools, and for that one needs to be surrounded by reality,
- Training should be around 2 to 3 hours every 2 weeks or so. In between every training session each participant must get a 1-2-1 coaching session of about an hour,
- Till week 10 of the project at least 3 sessions should have been held in order to ensure the desired behaviour change,
- Training has to be interactive and is not to be mixed up with teaching. Tasks will be given after every workshop and those tasks are the foundation for the personal coaching session.

In those years as trainer I led 200 to 300 workshops, coached around 200 clients in ca 1000 coaching sessions.

No comments:

Post a Comment