Tuesday 24 February 2009

Sorting the Wheat from the Chaff

Let's wash the dirty laundry first.

The best thing is to read my Milwaukee notes which is probably the worst which I have experienced as a junior consultant.

One of my early project managers made us juniors pay for his lunch every day. Don't forget, he was the one who decided whether we had work or not, so we paid for his lunch.

Also on on one of my first projects I got blackmailed. I have forgotten why she did it, but that was quite a shocker for me as brandnew consultant.

One project manager did not pay me for 2 weeks because I gave him some feedback about the way the client perceived him. He thought I was plotting. It took me months of internal rubbish till I got paid.

Talking about team-building, one project manager stayed in a luxury hotel whilst he let his consultants stay in an extremely cheap one far outside the city centre. He wanted to keep his project cost down so that he got a higher bonus.

The more I think about it, the more stories keep on popping up in my mind, but I will leave it with that. It only shows how inexperienced and actually stupied one is as junior consultant.

No comments:

Post a Comment