Friday 27 February 2009

Encore!

I started with IMR in 1999 and got a trainee week in Düsseldorf on a project where the client produced soup. It was a production process project. It looked very straight forward. Interesting was, IMR had a different methodology than my old company. The result was the same, savings, but the way towards those savings was much smoother. There was no consultant with a whip and a trainer to soothe the pain, but the consultant did all by himself. The only problem was, formal training was really missing as the coaching skills of consultants who were evaluated against hard cash savings and not people's behaviour change were rather thin.

Well, I knew why they wanted me. That was clear.

Straight after that week there was a company meeting in Paris. All was very posh, something I was not used to from my American company. The French certainly knew how to live.

A few weeks later I was assigned to a couple of business reviews till I finally ended up on a project in Germany.

No comments:

Post a Comment