Wednesday 25 February 2009

The Wheat

Stories about the good ones probably sound rather dull, but the vast majority of colleagues fall under this category (good, not dull).

One consultant hated his suit so much that every Friday when we drove to Vienna airport he stopped on the motorway, got more or less publically undressed and jumped into a pair of jeans and a t-shirt.

Some consultants, the Dutch ones, who were the majority on German speaking projects in those days, tried to teach me Dutch by buying me a Marco Borsato CD. If you are Dutch you know what a torture I had to go through.

Well, the good ones are the ones that help you out in times of need, don't act like sharks in a fish tank, are pleasant to be with on long project nights, and have a great sense of humour. That is one of the the most important features.

One thing I learned when hiring a consultant. After an assessment centre or interview I normally ask myself whether this would be a consultant who I would like to have breakfast with every day on a project.

No comments:

Post a Comment