Sunday 22 February 2009

Post Mortem

Even though it ended all spectacularly dramatically I actually must admit I enjoyed those nearly 3 years with IMPAC. I cannot even tell how much I learned during that time.

I was able to stand in front of people and "perform" and train them on any subject. One learns to be fully flexible and able to anything in front of people.

I learned that the behavioural part when it comes to change management is even more important than the sheer operational implementation. Implementation of management tools is important, but in the end my client's managers and staff have to use them even after the project. And the role of the consultant is to make sure changes are sustainable and stick.

I learned how to coach and train my clients effectively.

I left the company with a big management consultant "toolkit" and am able to analyse and develop any area or department in any industry.

I learned how to deal with people within a team and be a good team-player.

And most importantly I learned how to "read" people's behaviours and take appropriate action. Some would call it manipulation, well, a minor version maybe. A disaster like the last project would never happen again.

Oh yes, most, most importantly I learned how to deliver results for my clients regardless whether I am technically able or not. Just go for it and "swim"!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment